Tuesday, November 25, 2008

First attempt

Ok, so I have several friends who blog, and I thought why not. I am new to this, so here it goes.
Life with a high maintenance 7 month old can be a challenge. Ryan turned 7 months old last week, and yet he still has some colicy type moments. One pediatrician at our office called it colic, and one didn't. Phil and I don't know any other way to describe his crying for no reason at all. Don't get me wrong, when he smiles, my heart is so full of joy. It is hard to believe that Phil and I created him. He is such a miracle. It just breaks my heart that he cries still and there isn't anything we can do for him. He is getting much better all the time. Now that he has learned to sit up and plays more, the crying is less.
Ryan is not the only challenge ahead of me though. I am also avoiding taking the GRE. I have decided that I do not want to be a bedside nurse for the rest of my life. I have come to the conclusion that I would like to go back to school and get my Family Nurse Practioner degree. Clemson offers this up here, but I am scared to death to take the GRE. I have the study book, and all of that stuff seems like I learned it to so long ago. (I did just have my 10 year reunion from AHS, wow!)
Also, Phil's busy time is about to go into full force. He is still an associate Sports Information Director at Clemson. What that means is that he is the PR/Media Relations contact for various sports, mainly the men's basketball team. That does require him to travel with the team. While the job has taken him to many fun places like the Bahamas and Puerto Rico, I know it will be much harder on him this year being away from Ryan. He is such a wonderful dad!
Well Ryan is waking up from a nap now so it's time to go!

3 comments:

Nana said...

Great job Joce! It helps to express your frustrations/happiness. Keep it up!

Mrs. Morris said...

Yay for you ... starting your family blog!! They are a GERAT way to keep everyone updated!! :) Give Ryan hugs and kisses!!

Sara-Beth said...

GRE is horrible. I will tell you nothing breaks my heart more than working all day and then having to go to class and not being about to stay home with Maggie. But then again, I will have more opportunities when I am finished with my masters. I just keep telling myself she is too young to remember right now. You do what you need to do to make yourself happy. Happy mom=happy family! Good luck!