Summer is supposed to be a time of fun and relaxation. Too bad this summer, I have a summer class. Too make it worse, the class is research and it is where I start and do the basis of my non-thesis paper for grad. school. I hate writing papers and do not enjoy research, so this is no fun for me! I went back to graduate school to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. I did not go back to school because I wanted to write research articles to get published in nursing journals. Boo! I am just having a brain fart trying to get started. I am hoping that once I get going, I will be able to write. I guess I am bitter because I miss being able to go to the pool or just take a nap on my days off. Now, I feel like when I have a day off, it has to be focused on school stuff.
On a brighter note, Dylan loves the pool. I am hoping he will love the beach too. We wont go to a beach til July though. We will be headed to Lands End for the Sikes/Solomon's 4th weekend with great friends/family. He will get his first boat ride then. Also, Ryan will be excited to get to play with Lillian and Mills. He calls Mills "my Millsie", too cute! Ryan has mixed emotions about the pool. He always wants to go but then when we get there, he is scared to leave the steps. We have shown him he can float in his swimmies, but he is still scared. We really need to get him lessons, but our schedules are crazy and have no pattern, it will be hard.
That's all for now. I will try to update more frequently. Both boys are actually home with me right now because Ryan is sick and Dylan randomly threw up last night, boo! I think both are on the mend and should be ready for school tomorrow. I sure hope so since I work tomorrow, have school Thurs and then work Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment