Monday, August 1, 2011

Changes!

Well last week we had lots of changes in our house, exciting ones. Not only did we go to the beach, but we came home with a potty trained (finally) 3 year old, and a crawling and pulling up almost 10 month old. Time flies with 2 kids that's for sure. Today Dylan is 10 months old. I can't believe that in just 2 short months, he will be a year old already. I know those months will fly because school is about to start up again.
Ryan being potty trained is going well for now. He spent the week with Phil's mom before we went to the beach. She did the hard part of every hour or two making him potty that first week. Then. last week we kept on. He has had a few accidents on long car rides, but for the most part, he is doing great. He needed to be potty trained by next week to move up to 3K. I am pretty sure he has it down enough that he can move up with the rest of his class thank goodness. I am just excited about not having to buy any more diapers for him. He will still wear one at night for awhile.
Dylan crawling is a mix of emotions. I am so excited that he is crawling because Ryan didnt crawl til he was almost 13 months old. This means he may walk sooner than Ry too. However, I forgot how hard it is to keep things safe around a newly crawling infant. He is always around the coffee table. Ryan never really explored too much, so we didnt have to worry about this stuff too much. Im sure he will have lots of bumps/bruises as most newly mobile little boys do.
Now school, I do have a 3 week break but I know that will fly.Then. hopefully the last year of school will fly too! Im sure Ill write to vent about school as it begins! For now, I'll enjoy the excitement of a pottying little boy and a mobile infant!

No comments: