Life with two boys is fun and keeps you on your toes! Phil is staying busy with Clemson sports, and I am working on my Nurse Practitioner degree, while still working in the CVICU at GHS!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Hospital scare!
Crazy how my last post was about kid germs, and then we spent this morning in the ER. Ryan started running fevers on Friday night. He has had many random viruses over the last 2 years with temps of 102-103. This morning, Phil called me at work to tell me Ryan had a fever of 105.7. I was so scared. Being a nurse, I immediately thought the worst, he was going to have a febrile seizure. Also a sorority sister of mine currently had her 1 yr old in the PICU currently for a 5 hr febrile seizure he had for that same temp. I told Phil that he needed to get Ry to the ER immediately. My coworkers are amazing and took my patient over so that I could go wait for them in the children's ER. When they got there, Ry's temp was103.9 per there thermometer. They did a strep test and it was negative. His ears were fine, so the pediatrician deamed it viral. He is now on the Motrin/Tylenol cocktail. Knock on wood, this will pass quickly. We are going to Hilton Head in a week, and I need for my children to be healthy. They should be the healthiest kids when they are older due to all their sicknesse tey have had now. I am banking on stron immune systems. Hopefully next time I post, it won't be about a sick child!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hopefully you'll get some time with a healthy family soon! I am sure that was scary! Glad to hear that Ryan will be feeling better soon.
Post a Comment