Monday, February 9, 2009

You never know that to expect

Lately, we just don't know what will happen...

For those of you that follow sports, you know that Clemson beat Duke the other night 74-47. However, they followed that up with a loss Saturday night to Florida State. Clemson can be a great team if they play as a team and play hard for the whole 40 minutes. We just never know what team is going to show up. The team leaves today for BC and plays up there tomorrow night. Let's just hope that the team that played Duke shows up. GO TIGERS!!

Now on to Ryan, my favorite subject. He is the same way. We never know what to expect. He has been crying much less these days, thank goodness. However, yesterday he was in meltdown mode most of the day. This was hard because this was one of the few days that Phil had all day to spend with him, and Ryan just wasn't happy yesterday. We pray that one day soon the crying will end, and Ryan will be a happy baby like all of our friends babies. Also, Ryan still has no interest in crawling. We aren't sure why he hates it so much. When we put him on his belly, he either immediately rolls over and smiles or else just lays there and cries. He does like to stand. He even stood for awhile the other night at the game and just held on to the seat in front of him. Maybe he will just start walking. Also, still no teeth. I guess he gets that from me. Who knows when he will get one. I was almost 1 1/2 years old when I got my first tooth. Also, he loves finger foods, but he has no interest in feeding himself. When he picks the food up, he drops it on the floor. If you feed him, he opens his mouth as wide as possible. Maybe I just want him to grow up too fast. I am sure as he gets older, I will look back on these days and miss the times when I had to do everything for him. Selfishly now I just want him to try to do more on his own.

Lastly, my dreaded grad school topic. I talked to an old professor of mine who is actually in charge of the Master's program at Clemson. She was very optimistic about my chance of getting in. She told me to not worry about the 10 points on the GRE. Let's just hope she is right. For now, all I can do is hope. You have til April to apply, so I won't know til May or June probably. We will see what happens next!

1 comment:

Katharina said...

Trust me, it will all happen so fast. Luke hated being on his tummy. No interest in moving at all. he didn't even roll over. He started going backwards and then, out of nowhere he moved!