Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Things happen for a reason...or so we say!

Today was just not my day. I sucked it up and dished out the $$$ to take the GRE again only to yet again feel stupid. I some how managed to do 10 points lower on the verbal. I honestly felt as if I had done better this time around. Funny thing is, I improved my math by 50 points without even looking at that stuff again. Life sure is funny! I have always thought of myself as a pretty smart person. I did manage to graduate from HS with a 4.0 and as salutatorian of my class. I then graduated with honors from Clemson and was inducted into Sigma Theta Tau (the nursing honor society). However, this stupid test may stand in my way of one day becoming a nurse practitioner. I think it's crazy that my past GPA, the fact I went to Clemson, the fact Phil is a Clemson Employee, and now the fact that my total GRE score is over 1100 points doesn't necessarily matter because my verbal is 10 lousy points too low. Life has a funny way of working sometimes. I was telling someone the other day that things happen for a reason. I am now learning that is this is much easier to say than to live. I decided that I wanted to become a NP to have a more normal life and better provide for my family. I wanted normal hours that did not include every other weekend and major holiday. However, life has thrown a wrench in my plans. I am not saying that I definitely won't get into school, but I don't meet all the so-called requirements because of 10 points. Some may say, take the test again. Well I did. I paid the $$$ to take it again, and my verbal was 10 lower (now 20 too low). Why should I pay that much money again to still maybe not get it. All I can now is pray, and try to live by what I tell others... Everything happens for a reason! Please just cross your fingers that I am lead down whatever path is meant for me!

No comments: