So lately I feel as if I have used this blog to do a lot of complaining. Then I realized that I have so much to be thankful for. Yesterday while watching all the hours of the inaugeration stuff, I did a lot of thinking. A lot will probably change in the next few years, and a lot can change just here in our house. I still really want to go back to school in the fall. Taking the GRE again is just the first hurdle. Then I have to weigh the options financially about going back full-time vs. part-time. If I only go PT, I have to pay by the hours I take. This could cost a lot more money in the long run. While this is easy to complain about, at least I have a good job. Being a nurse is such a rewarding job, and at the same time, it is a job that is in demand. I do have that to be thankful for. Once I do finish school, I will also have more normal hours to spend with my family.
I am also very thankful for my family. Ryan actually turned 9 months old yesterday. I can't believe that he is already 3/4 of a year old. Time sure does fly! He is developing quite the personality. Phil and I like to call him a drama king. He has figured out that if he cries, he gets attention. We are trying to work on that. He sure does love to smile these days. He is becoming a hit at the basketball games. The picture here is he and his friend Brody. Brody is 2 1/2 weeks older than he is, and his dad is one of the basketball coaches. Their picture even made it up on the internet. Once again, I have a healthy baby to be thankful for and a very loving husband who is such a strong father. Phil is actually in Chapel Hill right now, and he is missing Ryan a lot. I sent him some "Good Morning" pictures to try and make it easier to wake up and not get to see him.
Speaking of Chapel Hill, this year could be the year we end the streak. GO TIGERS! I would very much like to write next time and say I am thankful that the Tigers finally won in the Dean Dome! We shall see! Once again, GO TIGERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment