Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What is on my mind today...


So this is going to be just a vent session. I have used this blog many times to vent about graduate school and how dumb I feel the GRE is. This time it is the same story with a different twist. Part of the graduate school application is for 2 referrals. It suggests for nursing a past professor and your current boss. I thought the professor part would be the challenge. Boy was I wrong. I contacted a past profressor, and she was happy to do it. She even did it within hours of receiving the email. My boss has been less than helpful. I know of at least 3 of us at work that are trying to go back to school. She has had all of our letters of referral for over a month, and she has yet to fill any of them out. We have all stressed the importance of this and a timely manner to her, yet it is as if she doesn't care. Now I can't help but wonder if I don't get into school if timing has anything to to do with it. I informed my boss that I was told the sooner I applied the better. She doesn't seem to care. I am very upset with her at this time. What can you do though... you don't want to make your boss mad! I am just so frustrated at this point. One of the surgeons at work overheard another nurse and I talking and he volunteered to do it for me. I just don't know if that would make me look bad to change it. Would they wonder why my boss took so long and then never did it? I can't help but wonder about all of these things.

On a lighter note, Ryan saw his first snow this week. It began snowing late Sunday afternoon. I was at work and hated that I wasn't here with him. Needless to say after a VERY scary drive home, I did make it home. Hospitals can't close for snow. Luckily I was off yesterday, and Phil didn't go in til lunch. We did some playing and had a good time. It was hard to get Cody back inside he was having so much fun!

Last, basketball! I can't believe it is coming to a close. Tonight is Sr. Night. I can't believe it is KC's last home game. I still remember being in Puerto Rico his freshman year and knowing I would like the player he would be. Next week we will be off to Hot-lanta for the ACC Tourney! Yall cross your fingers for me that Ryan does well in a hotel! He did better than expected in Charleston back in November, so let's hope he can do it again. I won't have any help this time! GO TIGERS!

No comments: