Tuesday, May 5, 2009

His own time table

Ryan has had his own time table from day one. I think he was a little slow to sit up and then to roll over. He is a year old and yet to attempt to crawl. He can turn himself around on his butt and then log roll like a champ to get where he wants or to get to a toy he wants. He has been able to stand (if assisted up) for at least 2 months now, but now he is finally starting to "cruise". Phil had no idea what that meant til yesterday. He has moved along both couches and the recliner in the bonus room. He has done many trips around the chair and a half downstairs and his toys. Today he decided to do laps around the coffee table. While trying to move something out of his reach, I couldn't react quick enough, and he fell. Luckily, he only has a little scratch. I guess maybe I do need to buy those tacky things for the corners of tables. I thought that would only intice him to pull them off, but I dont want him to hurt himself when he falls. Anyway, he is ok so no harm no foul! He doesn't even want to sit and play with toys. He only wants to try and walk. He may be ready to walk before we know it. I guess this means I better be buying some baby gates for the stairs soon!

No comments: