Sunday, June 27, 2010

Family Time

We have been staying busy lately letting Ryan hang out with a lot of his extended family. Phil's aunts and cousins all live in SC which makes it easy to keep in touch. I am not that lucky when it comes to my family. Ryan and Reece both met my dad's parents back in October of 2008. Sadly to say, that is the only time they have seen them though. They had never met my dad's sister yet. That changed this week. My aunt Sherry and her husband have recently moved to TN, so they came here for a weekend to visit. They stayed with Brian and Lindsey, and my parents stayed with us. It was fun to show them around Greenville and great for the boys to meet them. That covers my dad's family. Ryan and Reece got to meet most of my mom's family last summer at my cousin's wedding. However, my grandfather is going to be 90 this year, so needless to say, he doesn't do much traveling anymore. My mom and her sisters go see him every year for Father's Day, so we decided this year that everyone (cousins etc) should go. We took a 2 day drive to get up to Hershey, but it was great. Ryan and Reece seemed to have a blast (Phil, Lindsey, and I did too with all the sweets we ate) I think my grandpa enjoyed having most of his grandchildren around and getting to meet his only 2 great grandchildren. So although we have been busy lately, it has been great. I am so glad Ryan is getting to see all his family. I just wish we weren't all so spread out, and he could see them more!

No comments: