Friday, July 16, 2010

House is coming together

This past week has been VERY productive for Phil and me around here. Last weekend we did a lot of rearranging and made stacks for Goodwill. I took some dresses to a local Consignement shop. Hopefully Ill have better luck than I did last time I tried to consign (that is a whole different story). Then we took a lot to Goodwill as well. We moved a small couch into Ryan's room. He loves to climb on the couch and "read" his books. Then this week, my dad came up. He helped me take some old furniture to Goodwill to make room for all the new stuff we need. We have now combined our bonus room and the guest room. It has turned out much better than I ever thought it would. You can no longer watch TV while on the treadmill, but I normally just listen to my IPOD while running or walking anyway (yes much more walking these days) People who stay with us now do have a TV in the new guest room to watch. We also got A LOT done on Dylan's room. Phil and my dad painted the room already, and then yesterday my dad and I put the furniture together. Thank goodness for all his power tools. It would have taken Phil and I FOREVER to put all that stuff together. The room looks a lot different than Ryan's does so I think that's a good thing. Ryan was very curious last night. He went in the room and was standing on his tip toes to look into the crib. He looked very confused. Although we have tried to explain to him that he is going to have a baby brother, he still doesn't quite understand.
Well all this house stuff has kept me busy. Now time to relax. We are headed to Hilton Head next Saturday for the week with Phil's family. Last summer Ryan was just starting to get mobile, so we weren't as worried in the condo. Hopefully he will be ok down there. He gets really frustrated when he hears "no" over and over again. I may have to go in quickly and try to "baby proof" the area as soon as we get down there. We are exicted though. Who doesnt love a week at the beach? Although I love the sun, I may not be able to spend as much time out there this summer. I am afraid I will swell so bad in the heat. We will see!
I hope everyone is having a great summer!

1 comment:

Sara-Beth said...

Can't wait to see pictures of Dylan's nursery! Hope you have a great time at the beach!