Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dylan is here!


Very excited to say that we are now a family of 4 (5 with Cody). I was scheduled for an induction on Friday the 1st at 6 AM. However, when I called the hospital that morning as instructed, I was told there were no beds available in Labor/Delivery. Talk about a let down. I had been waiting on that day forever. Luckily, we were able to go about 9 AM. I was very excited. When we got there, it took awhile still to do paperwork and get settled, but by 10 AM I had my IV, and by 11 AM, the Pitocin was hung. Let me tell you, things were so different this time. It took me awhile to get from 3 to 5 cm. Luckily, my doctor let me get the epidural before 5 cm. She was great. However, after the nurse gave me the IV Pepcid prior to the epidural, it didn't agree with me. I started shaking all over and this scared me and Phil. Luckily, this didnt last long. Then, it only took 2 hrs to get from 5 cm to 10 cm, woo hoo! Then, 3 pushes later, and Dylan was here. That was drastically different than with Ryan where I pushed for over 2 hours. The nurse had to tell me not to push right away because the doctor was still in a different delivery. I must say, I was scared at the thought of induction, but it went very smoothly. The best part of all of it for me was when they placed Dylan on my chest that first time. With Ryan, I was so exhausted from laboring all night, that I dont even remember that special moment. I hope I never forget how that felt this time. I am so excited to say that all my boys are doing well. Ryan seems to love his little brother, but at the same time, he clearly misses some of the attention ( and for that reason, his temper tantrums have increased). Ryan does love Dylan. He kisses him all the time. Some of my favorite things Ryan has said are "Oh no, baby crying Mama" and when Dylan is asleep he loves to say "Wake up baby". It is so cute! I must so I am so thankful for all my boys! I feel so lucky!

No comments: