Life with two boys is fun and keeps you on your toes! Phil is staying busy with Clemson sports, and I am working on my Nurse Practitioner degree, while still working in the CVICU at GHS!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Finally, a day off!
The chaos has officially taken over our house. Starting mid January, I have had something every day of the week it seems. For grad school this semester, I have classes every Thursday. Then 2 days of the week are devoted to working in either the OB office or an internal medicine office for clinicals. I have to do 90 clinical hours for each class. That basically means I work a full day with my preceptor at each office all semester long. Then I still work my 2-12 hr shifts at week at the hospital. Some may think, so what. For me, this is a lot when you are trying to fit in time to do all the homework and required readings for school and finding time to spend with your family. Then on top of it, we are in full swing in the basketball season which means Phil is very busy too. This week for example, there are 2 road games. He was in Charlottesville, Va both Tues and Wed. He got home at like 330 AM Thursday morning. Then he leaves again this afternoon for Atlanta because we play Ga Tech tomorrow. He will be home tomorrow night around 8 probably. Thank goodness for grandparents. Because my dad is retired, he has been making MANY trips up to help me out. He can come up in the middle of the week to help take and pick up the boys from daycare. Then Phil's mom is able to help on weekends. She splits the weekend time with my parents. It's chaos, but so far we are all surviving. I told my dad Phil and I may need to pay for his next routine service on his truck do to all the miles he is putting on it between Aiken and Easley lately. So in one short word, chaos is what we have going on. Everyone is doing well despite all this. It's so hard to believe that Dylan is already 4 months old. I am going to buy him some rice cereal today at the grocery store. I don't even remember what it was like when we started foods with Ry. That seems like so long ago. Well I know it took me a long time between posts (But not sure who reads my vents anyway), and it will probably be awhile before I have time to post again due to our craziness but for now, all is well in the land of chaos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I read your posts! :) And I love hearing about what we have instore for us with two boys!
Sounds like you deserve way more than a day! Hope you and all the boys are healthy again!!
Post a Comment