Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa's gifts not always wanted...

So, Ryan met Santa on Tuesday of last week, and thanks to Santa, various members of our family have had the HORRIBLE GI bug. Ryan threw up and had diarrhea on Wednesday. I had to go home from work on Thursday because I was sick as a dog. I don't remember ever being that sick in my entire life. I told Phil that I would rather go threw labor pain again than be that sick. He just laughed and said it couldn't be that bad. Then, I went home to see my parents (bad move on my part). My poor mom is now sick as a dog. The only thing Ryan did any different this week was meet Santa. It makes sense too. Tons of little kids (some of which I am sure are sick or at least carriers of some germs) all sit on Santa's lap. There is no disinfecting of Santa between kids. My sister-in-law was smarter than me and she sanitized my nephew's hands after their trip. I can only wonder if I had done that if I would have saved Ryan, me, and my mom from hours or horrible GI sickness. Thanks Santa! At least it is almost the big day and maybe then Santa will bring gifts that we really want! I hope that you all have a Merry Christmas! I have to work, but one of my friends at work is coming in early, so that hopefully I can leave at 3.

2 comments:

Katharina said...

I had the vomiting. Don't know where it came from but I was miserable for about 24 hours. Thankfully, Luke and Brian didn't get it. I don't know how they didn't!

Mrs. Morris said...

BAD SANTA!! I would NEVER have thought to wash Connor's hands after sitting in Santa's lap either!! Actually, that should be SANTA'S JOB!!! Anyway, glad you are all feeling better!