Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Long time apart...boo!

Today starts the longest period of time that Phil and I have been apart since we got married. He leaves today for the Virgin Islands with the basketball team. He won't get back til late next Tuesday. I won't be coming back home til Wednesday then. It is going to be hard to be away from him for that long, but we can talk on the phone. I hate that he won't be able to see the boys. I am going to send him LOTS of pictures. I dont want him to feel like he is missing a lot. Dylan changes so much all the time. He is really trying to smile now. Ryan did most things a little slower than others, so Dylan may too. I really don't even remember at what age they start to smile. Anyway, please pray for all of us as this will be hard on everyone. Ryan seems to be really becoming a daddy's boy. I hope he does ok. The thing I have to help me is all the grandparents. I will be heading to my parents house this afternoon. With Phil's parents also being in Aiken, I will have them around for help as well. Let me tell you, packing for 8 days for me (who ALWAYS overpacks), a 2 1/2 year old (who needs toys/books/etc because he has a SHORT attention span) and a 6 week old who spits up constantly and needs lots clothes, is a challenge. Cody kept staring at me as I took bag after bag to the car. It will be quite an experience. I just hope that Phil has a great time in the Virgin Islands and that the Tigers play well!

No comments: