Life with two boys is fun and keeps you on your toes! Phil is staying busy with Clemson sports, and I am working on my Nurse Practitioner degree, while still working in the CVICU at GHS!
Friday, December 3, 2010
December already, whew!
It is hard for me to believe that it is already December. That means that baby Dylan is already 2 months old. While some days it feels like he's been with me forever, others it seems like we just left the hospital. Things are definitely different with the second one. For starters, he has already had 2 colds. Ryan goes to daycare, and ALWAYS has his fingers in his mouth. Thus, he picks up all types of germs and brings them home to all of us. The first time Dylan got sick, he just had minor sniffles. This time it has turned into bronchiolitis. He went for what was supposed to be his well child checkup for 2mo, and he ended up getting a nebulizer treatment and sent home on albuterol. That means we have to go back in 2 weeks for his first round of immunizations. I had forgotten Tylenol anyway, so next time I will be better prepared. I do feel that since this is the second time around, we are more prepared to handle the challenges. Dylan has some fussy times, but it is nothing compared to the colic that Ryan sufferred from. Some days he is fussier than others. His biggest problem is gas. I even nicknamed him Sir Toots a Lot while we were in Aiken on our extended stay. He seems to be getting better with the gas slowly. He is smiling more now too, so that makes everything better. Now, if only we could get him to sleep longer. Ryan was always a champion sleeper. He slept 7-8 hrs a night at 6 weeks old, and by 12 weeks, he was sleeping 10-12 hrs a night. Dylan on the other hand, has no sleep pattern. Some nights he barely sleeps 5 before waking up but then others he will sleep 8. Hopefully he is on more of a routine by the time I go back to work. Life will become total chaos around that point. (more on that in a later blog) For now, I am just going to enjoy the holiday season with all my boys. (that does include Cody)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment