Chaos is the only way I can think to describe how I feel January-March will be in our house. For the first time ever as an adult, I am going to have things to do 5 days a week. I am still working PT, which means 2 days of 12 hr shifts. I will have grad school every Thursday. Then, I will have 2 days a week of free labor where I will be working/doing my clinicals. One day I will be at an OB office, and one day I will be working at a Doctor's Care. I am excited to begin clinical, but I am very nervous at the same time. I'm nervous about if I'll know enough to do what they expect me to do. That is only the chaos during the day. Jan-March is also Phil's busiest time of the year since he travels with the basketball team. I love his job. I am so proud of him, but the traveling means he is gone at least 2 days a week for the most part. The team leaves the day before games. That begins the challenge of getting 2 boys to daycare on days he either has a home game or is out of town. Bring on the grandparents! Phil and I are lucky to both have parents that love their grandsons so much. We/I will be counting on them a lot in the coming months to help out. They will help me get the boys to/from school when Phil is busy or out of town. That in a short bit is the chaos we are about to face. I return to work this Friday. Luckily, school won't start til 1/13. That gives me some time to get back in the rut of work.
On a nother note, the germs refuse to leave my house. Dylan was better for about 4 days maybe. He wasn't coughing or wheezing, so we were no longer doing the nebs. However, it all started back Sunday night, so back to the nebs we go. He was finally able to get his 2 month shots yesterday ( he will be 3 mo old Sat). He didn't have any fever so they did them. He did get the fever from the shots, and he felt pretty miserable yesterday. I just pray he is feeling better by the time next week rolls around. I am very nervous about him going to daycare. Ryan didn't start daycare until he was 15mo old. I am so nervous about the germs. Dyl's MD said he probably was exposed to RSV. Luckily, it was mild. I am just scared that sets us up for trouble down the road. I sure hope not.
So everyone, please pray for my sanity during this chaotic time and for healthy boys in our house!!
No comments:
Post a Comment