Thursday, November 4, 2010

Please don't be colic!

So as many of you know, Ryan suffered from colic. His lasted for almost 9 months. Everyone told us they outgrow it by 3 mo, then by 6 mo, well Ryan held out for 9 months. I was so sure that since we sufferred (and I do mean sufferred) through this with Ryan, I thought Dylan would be the happy easy going baby that so many others I know have. We were WRONG! I am not going to say that Dylan has colic, but he is also a fussy baby. He has a bad tummy. We are still supplementing with formula, and I changed that over to Gentlease like we used with Ryan. We also just started Zantac today. Ryan HATED Zantac and always spit it out. We had to switch to Prevacid for him. I gave Dylan his first dose of Zantac this AM. He didn't seem too thrilled about it, but I don't think he spit it out. We will see how this goes. He can have it up to 3x day. I plan to do it 3x a day for a week or so and see if we notice any difference. Please pray for all of us! It is so hard to see your baby crying and appear so uncomfortable yet not be able to do anything to help him. I am just hoping that the Zantac will work. I would love to have that baby that I can just take with me wherever I go without being worried he would scream uncontrollably. I never could just take Ryan anywhere without being on pins/needles of where/when he'd start screaming. The good news is, Ryan still LOVES Dylan to death. He is always wanting to kiss him and be near him. We keep trying to tell Dylan that just because Ryan loves him doesn't mean he has to act like just Ryan did! Again, please pray for all of us that what Dylan has isn't colic and that he passes through this stage quickly. Crying is so hard both physically and emotionally on all of us!

No comments: